October 1, 2017

September highlight-Orchid Conservatory, Majestic KL

September was another month of eating. Actually, if I don't document my eating, I wouldn't know how much I would have eaten in that month haha Now that I look back at all my posts, only I realised where all my fats come from LOL

But anyway, September was a good month of trying out a lot of new food and restaurants. At the same time, I also went to Beijing so imagine how much food I stuffed into myself this month >.<

So firstly, my company had some food tasting session at Lancelot, Bandar Sunway.

Pumpkin soup. Yums

Chicken with that mustard sauce I love so much.

Beef.

Their food was really good overall but there are going through a revamp at the moment.

Coupled with wine and it was good and chilling Friday night.

Before going to the airport, had lunch at Munching Mob, Arked Esplanad.

Nutella Green Tea drink

Sausage with bacon

Lemak burger. Trying to compete with Burger Lab's Nasi Lemak burger. It was actually quite good.

Oreo waffle for dessert.

Had lunch another day at Aroi Thai, Utropolis. Food comes in small portion but it was rather average. Still cannot beat my fave Boat Noodle.

Then walked over for dessert at Nala's.
Their dessert was good and with reasonable pricing.

Dinner at Fuego Sky Dining. Wanted to try this for quite some time but always fully booked. So managed to book in advance and got a place.

Our view.

Guacamole. This is their signature.

Fuego cooler.

Another cocktail which I forgot the name but tasted good.

Churros appetizer

Grilled watermelon. The tomato and stuffs on it were weird but the grilled watermelon tasted like well...watermelon haha

After the sun sets and the view is much more beautiful. If only that building doesn't cover half of the Petronas Twin Towers haha

Rib eye was delish!!!

Dessert was unique and we loved it <3

Then we headed to Marini's on 57. We were there only for the drinks and I think it was quite reasonably priced.


Much better view haha

Gin and tonic

Mojito

Cocktails ranges around RM25-RM45 with a nice view so I think if you like to come here for drinks, it's quite worth it.

Chill while enjoying the view.

Oh, do you know Donutes Bakery has this new Lava Salted Cheese tart?

You should try! Highly recommended.

La Cocina, Taipan.

Their food was good.

Chicken with mushroom sauce. Really good.

My all time favourite! Baked Escargots

Yes, told you it's my favourite <3

Tried Omaya in Mont Kiara before and was craving the cheesy goodness again so we went to the Subang Jaya's outlet.

Cheese Honey Chicken

Cheese dakgalbi style

Mmmmm

Watermelon soju.

Looks like I didn't have enough of China food in Beijing and don't know how come I ended up in a China restaurant one evening haha

I think no more China food after this. Their food are all quite oily and spicy and just does not suit my taste bud.

Tsing Tao is light so still can consider drinking hehe

Back to Malaysian food.

Penang Prawn Mee at Little Penang, Mid Valley.

And yes, I was craving for crabs the other day so we went to Crab Factory.



Our fave- Man Tao.

My oh my....this picture makes me salivate

We had the spicy sauce which had enough of 'oomph' in the spiciness. Only thing it lacked some sweetness in the sauce. Nevertheless, I enjoyed eating my favourite seafood!

Done!

Even cut my finger in the process of breaking the crabs haha

Yes indeed

Then we walked over to Rekindle for dessert

Salted Egg Yolk ice cream was quite weird but the mint one was good.

After all the unhealthy eating, I'm now into acai bowl and poke bowls.

Harimau Malaya Acai Bowl from Acai Lab, Solaris Mont Kiara
Not bad actually and tasted really good with the homemade peanut butter =)

There's even a cute dog wandering around which was super fluffy haha

Back to Jyuraku for fresh sashimi.

And tried poke bowl from Poke Bear, Sunway Pyramid. I really loved it!

But then who am I kidding? I'm such a food lover and I cannot live without my indomie hahah


And we've been addicted to this samyang noodle which is super spicy and even tried the 2x spicy until my lips became swollen haha 
But those spicy lovers out there should try it! 

Been a long time since I step foot in San Francisco coffee.

Guava Goodness

Egg Croissant with mushroom soup. Yes, all mine =p I'm greedy like that.

Finally tried the cheese drink that I see everyone lining up for at Chizu, Sunway Pyramid. I mean nothing to shout about but luckily not too sweet.

 Surprisingly, The Beer Factory, Sunway Giza serves awesome food! Lately, I have been obsessed with all things nasi lemak.

When I saw Nasi Lemak pasta in their menu, I had to have it.

And then, there's even Nasi Lemak pizza haha
I came back the second time just for this <3

To me it didn't taste weird and I really like it. I'm just so Malaysian like that =p

Also, their nasi meletup letup(yes, that's the exact word) was like nasi goreng kampung and the spiciness really go well with beer.

There's also salted egg chicken wings and we were so damn full by the end of the day. I think TBF is a really good place to eat and drink. Very recommended.

But the highlight of the month was the Orchid Conservatory room in Majestic Hotel KL. I have been wanting to go here ever since I knew about its existence particularly because Orchid is my favourite flower and I love having afternoon teas like a 'tai-tai' hehe

And my dream came true when I got to finally have my afternoon tea here for the first time.


The orchids were so beautiful!



The tea set design is like those English tea set.

You can choose your type of tea and it's refillable.


They even gave us complimentary mocktails =)


The high tea set for two.

It was really filling and we were both super full at the end.

We went on a public holiday, so our tea set was RM120 per person.

Egg tarts, puffs and Chinese pastry.

Sandwiches.

Scones

The scones were really buttery and filling.

Desserts!



I loved the entire experience in there haha

Surrounded by my favourite flowers with good company and good food. What more can a girl ask for?

It was really beautiful and the food was good as well. The environment was rather quiet. There were only a few tables in the room so seats are limited per day. Overall, I would totally recommend coming here at least once. But, do book in advance because they are always fully booked.

Thereafter, we went to helipad at Menara KH.

Get a drink at the bar and it only costs around RM30 per cocktail then walk up to the helipad.

Another place with a view.

Do come around 5.30pm as it will be crowded by 6.30pm-7pm and it will get really warm. It was quite crowded during a Friday so I suggest to come early, get a seat then wait for the sunset.

Thereafter, we headed to dinner at Skillet @ 163.
Okay, I have got to say that their service is top notch. They will explain every dish that comes to you and they served quite a few complimentary food to us. I always love a good service =)

Complimentary salmon appetiser.

Complimentary bread

My lychee drink.

Our foie gras. Mmmm superr yummy I can't get enough of it and topped of with that curry leaf which was a unique twist to the dish. I love that their chefs are so innovating.

Our wagyu in 2 styles.

This one just melts in your mouth...heavenly.

Their signature dessert...

...which you need to smash to eat it hehe
It was really unique and if you would like to do any birthday celebration etc, I would totally recommend this restaurant. They will cater to your needs and they are super friendly and their food were all delish!

Another complimentary dessert for us. I'm just so happy with them hahaha

After much eating and putting on weight, needed to get our ass up and exercise. 

So we went to Jumpstreet.

Quite fun and feels different to jump on trampoline.


It's a really good place for family with kids. Our session supposed to be for 1 hour but half an hour of jumping around already got us so tired haha
Dang, I'm getting old >.<

Oh btw, have you guys seen Bad Genius? This was the first Thai movie I watched in cinema haha Watched it only because everyone were talking about how good the movie is. And yes, I agree, it was really good! The setting is in a high school where this genius earns money by giving answers during exams. It's a low budget and simple movie but the plot was good and tense.

Kingsman 2 on the other hand was not as good as the first movie.

The climax was an anti climax rather lol
Still preferred the first movie and between the above 2 movies, I will suggest to watch Bad Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment